“Proposed solutions in the matter of whistleblowers” with SK&S Legal
10:00 - 11:00
“EU Sanction Packages & Responsability for failure to comply with them” Webinar with SK&S Legal
09:30 - 11:00
“Business activity of Ukrainian citizens in Poland – legal and tax aspects” Advicero Nexia webinar
11:00 - 12:00
DO YOU KNOW UKRAINIAN CITIZENS LOOKING FOR TRANSPORTATION TO PORTUGAL?
The following is what you can do to help them get there quickly and safely!
1. Register them at the Portuguese Embassy in Warsaw
The Embassy coordinates many of the free transportation to Portugal actions organized by
Portuguese non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and organizes the transports itself in
response to demand. These are air and ground transports. It can be for example a chartered flight
to Lublin airport (as was the case a few days ago – it took almost 300 people), a seat on a
scheduled flight e.g. TAP from Warsaw to Lisbon, or a bus.
Send an e-mail to the embassy at email@example.com with the following details:
– first and last name of persons in Latin notation (our letters);
– type of documents they have + their copies like photo/scan;
– telephone and contact e-mail;
– place of stay of the persons.
Fill out the form created by the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Ministério dos Negócios
Estrangeiros) which, in addition to registering with the embassy for transport to Portugal, will
initiate the process of obtaining temporary protection status in Portugal.
Form in English:
Form in Ukrainian:
Form in Portuguese:
2. Search for private initiatives
The Portuguese organize a lot of aid actions from the bottom up. Often, even in small towns in
Portugal create a collection of needed things, collect funds and then head to bring this support to
the border with Ukraine, and on the way back pick up people willing to go to Portugal. Often,
having already collected donations, having funds for the travel, they do not know where exactly to
go to deliver them. Whether to Poland or Romania? To which cities, or directly to the border? You
can make their task easier by announcing that you are a group of people and you are waiting for
transport to Portugal in a given city. This will help them determine the route and pick you up from
I will attach here a list of Portuguese aid groups on Facebook that I know, in which you can report
that you want to go, where you are and how many people. Write in English, Portuguese speak
English well. There are also a lot of Ukrainians, you can write in Ukrainian.
Please, remember. Warn Ukrainian people who decide to use the private initiative to take photos
of the license plate of the car and the driver with their ID/driving license in order to send this data
to their relatives. This is a precautionary measure, but safety is crucial, it is mostly women with
children who travel. Unlike transports organized officially with the support of the authorities, these
are beyond any control.
3. Transportation on your own for those with the financial means to purchase a ticket
On their own to Portugal by air can get Ukrainians who have biometric passports or in the
absence of this document, having a special permit issued only in emergency situations by the
Embassy of Portugal – Título de Viagem Única, TVU. In case of transport by land, there is no
requirement to have any of these documents.
4. Flixbus has free tickets for refugees on the route from
Przemyśl/Rzeszów to EU countries
5. Wizzair offers a pool of 100,000 tickets for refugees to be used in March
6. Where to find out more + important contacts
Portugal has implemented aid measures, such as temporary protection status in Portugal for
Ukrainian refugees for 12 months with the possibility of extension, access to health care and the
labor market. More information: https://portugalforukraine.gov.pt/
Portuguese governmental units coordinating aid efforts for refugees from Ukraine:
Consular Crisis Unit
Gabinete de Emergência Consular
High Commission for Migration
Alto Comissariado para as Migrações
Phone: +351 218 106 191 (in Ukrainian language)
+351 217 929 714
+351 961 706 472
firstname.lastname@example.org (you can write in Ukrainian)
Embassy of Portugal in Warsaw
Phone +(48 22) 511 10 10/11/12
Back-up Phone + (48) 781 159 430
“Tax aspects of aid to Ukraine” Advicero Nexia webinar
11:00 - 12:00
Legality of stay and work of Ukrainian citizens fleeing to Poland – Sadkowski i Wspólnicy
INSTRUCTION OF CONDUCT FOR A CITIZEN OF UKRAINE
1. AFTER ENTERING THE TERRITORY OF POLAND, DECLARE THE BORDER GUARDS YOUR INTENTION TO STAY IN POLAND! IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED SUCH A DECLARATION, GO TO THE NEAREST BORDER GUARD FACILITY TO SUBMIT SUCH A DECLARATION.
2. After entering the territory of the Republic of Poland, go to any commune executive body in Poland within 60 days from the date of entry and register your stay. For this purpose, you must submit a paper application (applications will be available at offices), attach one photo (dimensions: 3.5cm x 4.5cm), and submit fingerprints during your visit to the office (not applicable to persons under the age of 12 and when fingerprinting is physically impossible).
3. When registering your stay with the commune authorities, you must present a document confirming your identity (passport / ID card / Pole’s card / other document with a photo enabling identification) – IT MAY ALSO BE A DOCUMENT THAT HAS ALREADY EXPIRED. In the absence of a document, you will confirm your identity by submitting an appropriate statement to the office.
4. A citizen of Ukraine, registering his / her stay, will obtain a PESEL number, thanks to which he / she will be able to take advantage of medical care and all kinds of cash and non-cash benefits.
5. At the moment you are covered by the SO-CALLED TEMPORARY PROTECTION and your stay in Poland is legal for a period of 18 months from 24th February 2022.
6. If, after entering the territory of the Republic of Poland, the Border Guard granted the so-called “Permit for entry up to 15 days” („Zezwolenie na wjazd do 15 dni”), your stay in Poland is legal for a period of 18 months.
7. If, after entering the territory of the Republic of Poland, you applied for international protection, go to the nearest Border Guard post as soon as possible and WITHDRAW THE APPLICATION!
8. If, after entering the territory of the Republic of Poland, the Border Guard has not issued any document and has not issued the so-called “Permit for entry up to 15 days”, you can submit an application to the Head of the Office for Foreigners for the issue of the so-called „certificate confirming the use of temporary protection”. The issuance of the certificate is free of charge.
9. At the earliest after 9 months from the date of entry to Poland due to the war in Ukraine and not later than within 18 months from 24th February 2022, a citizen of Ukraine who came to Poland from the territory of Ukraine in the period from 24th February 2022 in connection with the war in Ukraine, may apply for a special type of temporary residence permit. The permit will be granted once for a period of 3 years.
10. Citizens of Ukraine who reside legally in Poland, as well as citizens of Ukraine who came to Poland directly from the territory of Ukraine from 24th February 2022 in connection with the war in Ukraine and declared their intention to stay in Poland, are entitled to work without document legalizing work.
11. If you leave Poland for a period exceeding 1 month, you lose the temporary protection granted in Poland!
12. If you intend to leave Poland for a period exceeding 1 month, go to the commune authority to deregister your stay, and notify the Border Guard about leaving Poland.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EMPLOYER OF THE CITIZEN OF UKRAINE
The employer for the purpose of employing a Ukrainian citizen residing legally in Poland, as well as for the employment of a Ukrainian citizen who came to Poland directly from Ukraine from 24th February 2022 in connection with the war in Ukraine and declared his / her intention to stay in Poland, does not need to obtain any document legalizing work. The only obligation of the employer with regard to the provisions of the immigration law is to notify the poviat employment office competent for the seat of the employer that a citizen of Ukraine has started work. The notification must be submitted via praca.gov.pl website within 14 days from the date of employment of a citizen of Ukraine.
FORMS OF AID FOR UKRAINE CITIZENS
Ukrainian citizens fleeing to Poland in connection with the war in Ukraine are offered comprehensive assistance, including medical care financed from the state budget, various types of cash and in-kind benefits, as well as assistance in education, pre-school education, childcare, etc.
However, it should be remembered that individual commune authorities will adopt appropriate resolutions in this regard, which means that you should read the resolutions of the commune authorities competent for the place of residence of the Ukrainian citizen on an ongoing basis and submit applications for appropriate assistance to the locally competent commune authority.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Marta Pietrzak, Trainee Attorney, Immigration Law Department (+48) 797 132 311